My Story: About Merry
I’m Merry Wise, your Bold + Unorthodox Explorer of Life & Soul, with a strong dose of Alchemist.
I help people (mostly women, but also some pretty groovy men) who are struggling with a sense that something is missing in their lives, to tap into their Spiritual Muse through Soul Deep Self-Discovery so they can Design their Life – just the way they want it.
I’m also a former Legal Assistant and NLP Certified Life Coach. NLP, or Neuro-Linguistic Programming. That’s the boring stuff, but if you’re extra curious about it, you can find some rather exciting stories about it here: NLP
The Alchemical Details:
Life for me, as for you, I’m sure…
has been a journey filled with moments of:
- spiritual re-awakening, and
- pure bliss –
Not necessarily in that order.
I’ve loved, I’ve lost, I’ve experienced more heartache than at times it seems I can ever bear.
There have been times I’ve wondered why I even bother getting back up.
There have been times I’ve called my friends sobbing and telling them,
I’m not very smart – A really smart fighter would lie on the mat and admit defeat. But I just can’t do it.
I’ve lost best friends and beloved pets before their time.
I convinced myself at one point that anything I loved was doomed to an early grave.
And I lived with that lie for far too many years.
I’ve created more emotional trauma for myself than one girl should be allowed in a single lifetime.
I’ve broken hearts and had my heart broken.
It All Began When I Was 18
The year my mom passed away.
I’d been raised in a strictly religious household.
- We didn’t have a TV
- I wasn’t allowed to listen to “secular” music
- Books, other than the Bible, dictionaries and encyclopedias were not allowed (I read the Bible 5 times from cover to cover, pretty much our entire set of Encyclopedia Brittanica and the dictionary. I read the dictionary – often)
- We didn’t celebrate holidays (and I was not allowed to attend the parties in school.)
- We did not go to doctors (sucked ’cause I wanted so badly to play volleyball and basketball.)
Lucky me, all this craziness didn’t start until after I was nine, when I first thought to myself,
Y’know what? Not everyone is going to like me, so I’m just going to be myself. If they like that, cool. If not… c’est la vie (yes. I used that phrase.)
Back to Mom…
As nearly as I can tell, Mom actually got sick when I was 15 or 16. By the time she finally did go to the doctor – about a year before she passed – there was nothing they could do for her.
At Mom’s funeral, my maternal grandfather said to me:
“It’s your fault your mom died.”
“How do you figure that?” I asked.
“You didn’t make her go to the doctor,” he said.
“I couldn’t make her go to the doctor, even if I had wanted to. I was under 18. Where were you?” I fired back.
I think I might actually have even called him an asshole. I don’t quite remember.
My dad, at times, didn’t seem a whole lot better.
This pretty much sums up my experience with men in my early life.
Thankfully, I had a truly amazing older brother. He was my life-line and my rock.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on which end of the glass you look through, I didn’t spend much time with either my dad, or my brother after Mom passed away.
I never spoke to my grandfather again before he passed away.
Today, I can say my relationship with my dad is all but completely healed. I’m so thankful that we managed to do that. He IS getting old, as he keeps reminding me.
It took a much longer time to heal spiritually, but I’ve finally made peace there, too.
What’s the Point?
Why do I tell you all of this?
I tell you all of this to let you know why I do what I do and how I can help.
Most women start their Heroine’s Journey about the age I am now. I figure I’m about 25 years ahead of the curve.
My Top 10 Life Lessons
I’ve learned all these lessons the hard way and they define my Mission:
- We all agreed to embark on this Life Journey and we have a Divine Contract to fulfill.
- We are not victims, we are the Creators of our Lives (this doesn’t mean that your jerk of a boss, unsupportive family or any kind of abuse you’ve suffered are your fault – these things are simply catalysts for your spiritual growth.)
- If you notice a pattern of bad shit in your life, it’s a sure sign of something that needs your attention for emotional or spiritual healing.
- If you don’t have your own vision for your life, you’re living someone else’s.
- Science has proven that life is made up of vibrating particles – not just particles, but particles that seem to respond to what we expect of them. If we expect things to be better, they will be.
- We create what we expect to see.
- Our inner, subconscious beliefs form our reality.
- Our inner beliefs run the show. If your life currently sucks, it’s because somewhere you have a belief running that life is a struggle and meant to be hard.
- It takes some time and effort, but shifting your beliefs is simple. It’s not easy, but it’s a simple matter of discovering what your subconscious beliefs are and consciously turning them toward positive experiences.
- Although most people really have no idea what The Life of Their Dreams looks like, once you overcome that hurdle, you can design your life exactly the way you want it.
I can Help You Design That Life
My Mission and Vision is to help others by gently guiding them through these lessons I’ve learned the hard way.
Believe it or not – it’s actually something I’ve already been doing most of my life.
My gift as an Alchemist has been and still is:
- to see the big picture,
- to discover innovative solutions,
- to heal and transform,
- to support and guide.
I have many tools and tricks in my arsenal
As a Life-Long Explorer, I’ve always been fascinated by the spiritual, the psyche and ancient wisdom.
This Explorative trait probably accounts for my insistence on reading whatever I could get my hands on as a teen, doesn’t it?
Since I’ve been free to roam, I’ve discovered all kinds of fascinating goodies…
If you’re ready for my personal guidance and a warm, comfy blanket of support in navigating the seemingly perilous paths of life, start here: Coaching + Training
If your life hasn’t been nearly as traumatic as all this, and you have what most would consider a Perfect Life yet still feel somehow unfulfilled and have a vague feeling of something missing, you may be primed for enlightenment. It’s an elite year-long adventure where I guide you each step of the way to defining your Dream Life and Designing it just the way you want it. To learn more, click here: Enlightenment 101
If you’re not ready to make the leap, but are open to discovering just what it is I’m talking about, click here: to join the Life Connoisseur Community (“LCC”)
As a member of the Life Connoisseur Community, you’ll receive my free worksheet, Discover Your Mission in Life + receive exclusive (and free) updates from me chock full of information on my latest Life-Changing Adventures.
Not quite ready for that?
Or you’re already a LCC Member and just want to see what new adventures await you in Merry Land?
Click the links here to explore the adventures awaiting you:
Click here if your life feels meaningless, lacks direction and you want to learn how to create a business that speaks to your soul. I can help.